BURBANK — ASIFA-Hollywood is now accepting recommendations for this year’s Juried Award nominations honoring career achievement and exceptional contributions to animation. Applications may be submitted now through Tuesday, November 16, 2021, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the ASIFA-Hollywood offices at 2416 W. Victory Blvd., #245, Burbank, CA 91506.
The Juried Award recipients will be honored during the 49th Annie Awards set for Saturday, February 26, 2022, at UCLA’s Royce Hall.
The Board of Directors of ASIFA-Hollywood shall select by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote, recipients for each of the Juried Award categories listed below. At its discretion, the Board of Directors may elect not to give an award in any category.
“The Winsor McCay Awards were the first lifetime achievement Annies,” noted Annie Awards executive producer Frank Gladstone. “The other categories, the June Foray, Ub Iwerks, Special Achievement and Certificate of Merit Awards have been added over time. The juried categories have always been, and remain today, a most important and significant part of each year’s honors.”
Juried Award Categories:
Winsor McCay Award:
- In recognition of lifetime or career contributions to the art of animation in producing, directing, animating, design, writing, voice acting, sound technical influence, music, education, or for other endeavors which exhibit outstanding contributions to excellence in animation.
June Foray Award:
- To an individual who has made a significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation.
Ub Iwerks Award:
- To an individual or company for a technical advancement that has made a significant impact on the art or industry of animation.
Special Achievement Award:
- May be given to an individual, individuals or a company for unique and significant achievement made between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, not recognized by other Annie Award categories.
Certificate of Merit:
- To an individual or organization for current service to the art, craft, and industry of animation.
Created in 1972 by veteran voice talent June Foray, and in whose name the philanthropic June Foray Award was established, the Annie Awards have grown in scope and stature for the past four decades. ASIFA-Hollywood is the world’s first and foremost professional organization dedicated to promoting the art of animation and celebrating the people who create it.