Newly elected to the Board:
- Ellen Kuras, Cinematographers Branch
- Ruth Elaine Carter, Costume Designers Branch
- Donna Gigliotti, Executives Branch
- Howard Berger, Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch
- Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Short Films and Feature Animation Branch
- Eric Roth, Writers Branch
Reelected to the Board:
- Laura Dern, Actors Branch
- David Rubin, Casting Directors Branch
- Steven Spielberg, Directors Branch
- Roger Ross Williams, Documentary Branch
- Nancy Utley, Marketing and Public Relations Branch
- Laura Karpman, Music Branch
- Mark Johnson, Producers Branch
- Jan Pascale, Production Design Branch
- Kevin Collier, Sound Branch
- Craig Barron, Visual Effects Branch
This election has resulted in an increased number of female Academy governors from 22 to 24, and an increase in the number of people of color from 10 to 11, including the recently announced three new Governors-at-Large, DeVon Franklin, Rodrigo Garcia and Janet Yang.
Balloting in the Academy’s Film Editors Branch produced a tie between candidates Dody Dorn and Mark Goldblatt. Voting for the resulting runoff election will begin Monday, June 17, and end Tuesday, June 18. The last runoff elections occurred in 2018 for the Producers Branch and in 2016 for the Film Editors Branch.
Each of The Academy’s 17 branches are represented by three governors, who may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms. The Board of Governors sets the Academy’s strategic vision, preserves the organization’s financial health, and assures the fulfillment of its mission.
A full list of the 2018-2019 Academy governors is available here.
Source: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences